4.23.2009

A Trader Joes Inspiration...



It's funny how sometimes the strangest things become and inspiration. Today I made an 8 layer cake frosted with chocolate buttercream---sort of a knock off of a cake I saw on Bakerella's site back in February. I didn't have enough parchment paper to do all 14 layers, so I made as many as I could...8.
I had originally thought I would frost the cake with buttercream and then add a fondant bow and ribbons, like in the previous cake. I really wanted to give the fondant covered cake another go ---so I made yet another batch of marshmallow fondant and dyed it "Tiffany Blue."
As I was looking around at my horribly messy kitchen I noticed a package of Trader Joe's Blueberry Bran Muffins, the label was blue and brown with a leaf and twig design. I did it in reverse --brown on blue. I am getting a better feel for fondant work---although it still scares me just a bit.

0 comments: